2017 Volunteer Placements
The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust is now recruiting for our fifth and final volunteer; the Events and Media Volunteer, to assist with the delivery of the 2017 season. Based in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull, this placement will provide time aboard our research vessel, Silurian, experience delivering activities in the Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Centre and opportunities to be creative and make new promotional resources, as well as capturing footage.
Please follow the link for a comprehensive placement brief.
- Events and Media Placement – do you have an interest in media production and promotion of events? Do you like engaging with the public? This is the placement for you.
Other volunteer placements for 2017 (Places have now been filled)
- Community Engagement Placement – keen to pass on your passion for the marine environment and help enthuse the next generation? Do you like sharing information with the public? This is the placement for you.
- Community Sightings Placement – interested in gaining experience in delivering a citizen science programme? Do you want to develop our sightings records and understanding of local cetacean populations? This is the placement for you.
- Photo Identification Placement – if you wish to gain experience in a fundamental cetacean research tool, this is the placement for you. Analyse images throughout the 2017 season; identify new individuals and record re-sightings of animals already in our catalogue.
- Research Vessel Support Placement – eager to learn what it takes to run a boat-based research programme? This placement is for you. We operate a unique citizen science programme aboard Silurian, get involved and help deliver a fantastic season!
To apply for the Events and Media Placement please email a current C.V. and covering letter outlining why you are applying for the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 5.00 pm on 15th February 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Skype interview in the w/c 20th February 2017.
For more information, please contact Pippa Garrard on 01688 302620.